Finance committee, 28/11/17 – minutes has been posted by Parish Council
WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of a meeting of the Finance Committee of the Council on Tuesday 28th November 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Heaton, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0
1. Welcome by Chairman – welcome to Cllr Robin Barritt
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mann & Thomas
3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Director and a pecuniary interest in the Chairman’s Allowance
Cllr Mrs Michael declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as assisting with the paperwork, and a non pecuniary interest to the Allotment Association grant application as the PC representative of OSCARS which is adjoined to the Allotment Association as they have a dementia friendly plot.
4. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – agreed grants to be dealt with in confidential session due to financial matters and confidential information of the applicants – 10.2 Cllr AP advice from Monitoring Officer was best to put into confidential session
Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB – agreed (Cllr AP abstained)
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 29th August 2017 – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr CM, carried
6. Matters arising – none
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
8. 2017/18 budget publication on website – The budget had been published on the Parish Council website following the request for this along with the full Annual Return documents including the Annual Governance Statement
9. Outstanding Section 106 moneys – update awaited from SDC, a reminder had been sent to Oliver Scholefield (SDC Officer in charge of Sec 106 funding) requesting the information as urgent.
10.1 2017/2018 Grant to Village Hall Management Committee – The grant to the hall had a caveat that it would be paid on provision of a five year lease. This was not realised and although the PC were due to take over the lease, subletting had not been permitted. This had been reviewed and the lease was now in the final stage of approval. Due to the circumstances, Cllr AS proposed the grant be released to the Village Hall to enable refurbishment of the toilets to take place, 2nd Cllr BH – carried
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
10.2 Consideration of grant applications
Cllrs discussed each grant application and agreed a provisional grant figure for budget approval at Full Council
The Council moved back into public session
10.3 Consideration of non-financial grant applications (use of rooms)
Cllrs discussed each application for use of a room at WWPC offices for which the PC make no charge.
CAB provide a valuable service for the village which is widely used and if room hire was charged the CAB would not be able to provide the outreach service for this parish.
Chedham’s Yard is owned by the PC and an office was provided for use by the Trust as the planning conditions at the yard do not permit office activities.
Recommendation each to be agreed for one year further beginning in April.
11. Initial consideration of 2018/19 budget/precept – Cllrs considered the committee budgets and set a provisional precept.
12. Councillor/Clerk ex-change of information – none
13. Date of next Committee meeting 18th December 2017
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.35pm
Chairman: Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Click the link below to view it.
Finance committee, 28/11/17 – minutes